If your Robomow is not docking correctly or is found stopped on the perimeter wire:
- Carry the mower and dock it manually to initiate charge. Press arrow up to retrieve the last stop cause reason. Once you get the last stop cause numbers, the number 1 will be the current one. Or you can obtain it from the menu: Service ⇢ Information ⇢ Events ⇢ History (screen #111).
- Follow this link to view a list of Last Stop Cause Error Codes.
- Review a list of Last Stop Cause Error Codes.
If the issue is caused by a low battery, follow the steps below:
Step 1 – Is it in a sub zone?
If Yes – Likely a Near Wire Follow issue in a zone that has a somewhat narrow area leading to it, or a narrow pass. Make sure Near Wire Follow is turned off for this zone.
TIP: Turn on Near Wire Follow for a zone only if it has a wide opening that is wider than 10 feet between the perimeter wires.
If No – Battery may have drained. Proceed to Step 2.
Step 2 – There are typically 3 issues that can cause the battery to drain:
- Near Wire Follow is turned on but the IR at the docking doesn’t work, so mower keeps missing the Base Station when coming back and not being on the wire.
- Clean the front IR window on the mower.
- Test its docking by sending it home to the wire about 30 feet away from the Base Station.
- If it doesn’t get on the wire around 10 feet from the Base Station and keeps on parallel to the wire, replace the Docking Head.
- If the issue has not been resolved, Replace Front Board.
- Mower doesn’t recognize the Base Station when physically entering it. So, it is docked properly but still doesn’t recognize the Base Station.
- Islands On/Off menu is set wrong, indicating that Islands are On or Off at the wrong scenario. This can be caused by the following:
- Huge island exists and wired around as a large perimeter island. If islands are set Off, mower will detect its wire as a regular perimeter wire and try to follow it to dock. It will go around it 2 1/2 times before realizing this is an island and will leave it in search for the real perimeter wire leading it to dock. By the time it travels on the wire its battery may run down.
- Islands set to On while there isn’t a large island installed. The mower stops the blades and now will do its special pattern to one side to look for an inner corner. If this is on a large yard, this search for inner corner can take a long time, and by the time it finally tracks the wire to dock, the battery runs down.